Ultimate Full Magnesium Body Fire Starter
Why waste time and energy finding kindling with regular fire starters that may or may not even catch a spark?! Regular twigs and branches in their natural environments will not light unless they are extremely dry.
With this reliable pocket-sized tool, you will always be ready to start a fire. Our fire starter comes complete with a solid compact magnesium bar that can be used hundreds of times, or until the magnesium runs out. Simply shave some magnesium into a pile and easily spark the shavings (yes, even in wet or humid surroundings). The shavings will quickly spark into a flame so you can ignite larger pieces of wood.
Waterproof, weatherproof, and built for long-lasting durability—this is an essential addition to your supplies for camping, hiking, trekking, boating, hunting, travel, survival and emergencies.
- Overall dimensions: 3” x ⅜” x 1”
- Conveniently compact size
- Waterproof & weatherproof
- Solid magnesium body (silver color)
- Striking rod
- Serrated metal striker
- Detachable silver ball chain link
HOW TO USE:
- Gather tinder (dry branches, bark, grass, pine needles, lint, paper, etc.) of the preferred size/amount.
- Use the serrated edge of the striker to scrape along the length of the magnesium rod to create shavings.
- You can either sprinkle the magnesium shavings throughout the tinder pile, or scrape the shavings into a cluster to the minimum size of a U.S. quarter coin.
- Then hold the flint at an angle over the pile, while forcefully sliding your striker along the length of the flint to create sparks.
- Continue to slide the striker against the flint until the sparks land directly onto the shavings pile and ignite a flame.
For first-time use, stripping the protective layer of paint from the striker before starting your fire will help produce the best results.